Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Finding Time to Pray

We get so busy in our daily lives that we don’t pray. We wake up and start running with the family and work. We are up early and go to bed late. We say “Thank you for this day Lord. Forgive me of my sins. Fill me with your Spirit and protect me and my family. Love you. Amen” Then the rest of the 15 plus hours we give to “I’m busy”. I am not going to tell you how or when to pray. But, what the Lord place on my heart to do is tell you what He said about prayer and to remind you how He was involved in prayer. I am going to give a scripture from the Gospels that involved Jesus and prayer. What he said, when He said it and His instruction to us about prayer. Starting today until December 31st,, Monday to Friday. On Fridays, I will give some extra readings on prayer that you can look up if you choose. God Bless.

“The next morning Jesus awoke long before daybreak and went out alone into the wilderness to pray” Mark 1:35

Jesus your faithfulness in prayer gives us an excellent example to follow. Guide us, Lord. Give us the strength and the will to imitate your careful attention to prayer. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment