Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Did You Hear the Thunder?

Back in 2007 it was raining so hard and thundering, very loud thunder. It was about 4:15A.M. I remember the time because I wake up at 4A.M. for my prayer time and devotion or just sit in the presence of the Lord. I could hear the rain pounding on my window. The loud thunder seem to shake my building. I shook and spoke with the same intensity as the thunder, “show your power God.” I thought to myself “the Lord God Almighty is angry about what happen yesterday.” It was senseless, crazy, just downright wicked. I started to cry and began to pray for the family, the young lady in the hospital and the world. I couldn’t stop crying or praying. It was still raining the thunder quite down some.

What happen was four young adults were just chilling in their car behind an elementary school in Newark, New Jersey. They were basically dragged out of their car by some thugs and shout execution style. One young lady survives to tell the story. Three of the four had student identification from Delaware State University. They had no previous criminal records. All four were good kids. Wicked just downright wicked. And that morning as I met with my Lord and Savior as I had been doing for two years before that August 4, 2007, I knew my Lord was angry. So I prayed and cried.

It was around 7A.M when the rain and thunder stop. But the streets were crazy. There was no electricity in my building. Power outages were scattered all over the city. The trains in my area were not running and other trains had serious delays. The buses were so crowded they couldn’t stop along their route to pick up other passengers. People had to get to work. They were yelling at each other, pushing each other and just single focus on what they had to do…make that meeting, get to work, open up my business, and make that phone call. Did anybody hear the thunder of the Lord this morning? Do you not know that the Lord is angry about those young college kids that were kill? HELLO!!!!!

“The Lord looks down from heaven
On the entire hum race;
He looks to see if anyone is truly wise,
If anyone seeks God.
But no, all have turned away;
all have become corrupt.
No one does good, not a single one!
Will those who do evil never learn?
They eat up my people like bread
And wouldn’t think of praying to the Lord. “ Psalm 14:24

Pray and Pray again!

No comments:

Post a Comment