Saturday, November 6, 2010

Looking for True Worshipers

I was listening to Christian music, can’t remember what song. I was cleaning the house just singing from my heart….at times just stopping, closing my eyes and singed out to the Lord. The Holy Spirit would fill up within me and I would just start crying tears of joy in the Lord. I worship the Lord with words of praise from my lips. I praised and worshiped until I would just drop, alone, in the house. Many of times since I have been in Charlotte I still praise and worship full of the Spirit until I drop.
I love to worship in Spirit and Truth. But, I have found that not everyone know the importance of praising the Lord. I am not judging because I didn’t always know myself. I would go to church on Sunday, sing some songs, give a shout of Amen to the preacher, go to bible study and that was my praise and worship.
But one day, I had a homework assignment, that lead me to a church that knew how to praise the Lord. I knew they were doing something right because the presence of the Lord was there. Well needless to say, I kept going back to that church and I became a member. I not only met the Lord at that church, but I met the Lord at my workplace, I met the Lord on the train, I met the Lord at home. I just stop meeting the Lord and just starting hanging out with the Lord 24/7.
I say this because I have visited a few churches and I am finding strange things are happening. There is a lack of real praise and worship. It must be known that any untrained, unprepared, unspiritual empty rattletrap of a person can start something “religious” and find plenty of followers who will listen and promote it! Beyond that, it may become very evident that he or she had never heard from God in the first place.
All of the examples we have in the Bible illustrate that glad and devoted and reverent worship is the normal employment of human beings. Every glimpse that is given us of heaven and of God’s created beings is always a glimpse of worship and rejoicing and praise – because God is who he is!
Because there is a lack of true worshipers, there is a lot of time spent in the churches just spinning wheels making a noise but not getting anywhere.
What are we going to do about this awesome, beautiful worship that God calls for? I would rather worship God than do any other thing I know of in all this wide world!

Prayer: Lord, just as You evicted the money changers from the Temple, I pray that You will cleanse churches from their self-centered, empty attempts at worshiping You.

No comments:

Post a Comment